Now is the time of year that probably leaves you wondering if you should wait to list your home once the nicer weather of spring and summer returns to Colorado. Here are the top ten reasons you do NOT need to wait for nicer weather in order to sell your home in record time:
10. Capture the New Year market ahead of time: January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until the spring season to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture this market.
9. Benefit from the year-end market: Remember that some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. Take advantage of buyer’s year-end time: Buyers tend to have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a typical work week during the year.
7. Take advantage of the emotional highs of the Holiday season: Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your asking price.
6. Show your home at its best: Simply put, houses show better when they are decorated for the Holidays!
5. No need to be inconvenienced during the holidays: Even though your home will be on the market, remember that you always have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays.
4. Arrange to not move until early next year: As your agency, we can provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year, as needed.
3. Less competition commands a higher selling price: When supply goes down, it means there is greater opportunity to capture motivated buyers. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means a better sales price for you.
2. Sell high and buy low: By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring season when there are traditionally more houses on the market which could ultimately drive prices down when you buy.
AND, this brings us to the number one reason why you should list during the Holiday season…
1. Capture serious buyers: People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
So don’t delay! After all, the new year will be here before we know it. List your home before 2015 rings in, and you will be glad you did… Carpe diem!
Let us show you more than just homes. Let us show you the distinct client services we provide as Your Luxury Real Estate Partner. Call the Denver Luxe Team at 720-440-2640 and bring your greatest expectations.
Original Article Source: http://blog.kw.com/2013/11/05/11-reasons-your-seller-should-list-during-the-holiday-season/